As discussed in our previous posts vibration unit has two main ideas as mentioned below. Both the experiments are conducted and the results are quite promising for the usage.
- One is to use an irregular load on the motor.
- The second is to use a linear actuator or a solenoid.
The idea was to create vibrations by adding unbalanced weights to the motor output. A metal clamp was connected to it which was acting as an unbalanced load. The motor input was connected to the 110V AC to 12V DC converter. Check the video below
12V operated 330 rpm DC motors are used which is connected parallelly to the input power. This is a brief prototype to show how vibrations are generated. To this model, we can add motor drivers to make it automated.
This was the second idea to generate vibrations in our bot. We are using a linear solenoid movement to generate bang vibrations. Four 20N solenoids are used for this case which generates 80N force of impact on the surface of the bot. These solenoids are connected parallelly to the 12V output. The working of the solenoid model is given below
- The motor is creating higher vibrations compared to solenoids but the noise is also higher. But noise got significantly cancelled after placing a plastic doom over it. I think since the vibration unit is undergrounded it shouldn’t be a problem.
2. The solenoids create less sound but create more impact. I think these perfectly mimic the animal’s movement.
- Planning to add control drivers to the system.
******The content on this site is intellectual property. Action will be taken if this work published or copied without our permission. For more details contact Dr Michael von Fricken or Dr.Nathalia Peixoto******